Wednesday, April 7, 2010

You gotta love those Cocksuckers!

After the Sook PLO, nothing much happening in life. Don't have much feel playing any poker online. Occasionally grinding in FullRig as they are giving me $25 as Take2 bonus. As usual its a gimmy! My everyday 10 hands of poker starts there and ends it right there.

Been playing a bit of snooker lately. One thing really amazed me. Nowadays, you never know how many self proclaim superstars but actually wannabes you will cross path in snooker these days. Went to Princes last week, had a hit with some B graders. At start, he didn't play too well. It was a friendly game, and I played very loose. After 1 frame, he picked up his cueing and start potting.

In the next frame he made a 94 break against me. It was good to watch. We played on table #52, which is a bucket. Start of the frame there were like 6 or 7 loose reds, nothing on the cushion. After potting a long red and cannon several reds on the way, he landed perfectly on the black. He made like 42+ with a couple of long shots to top corner pockets. Then cue ball ran out of position, smashed in another long red, cue ball went straight into the pack, but not with a lot of pace. Somehow, he managed to get on the pink. Then he made a 94 break. Thru out the break, I can tell either hes the Master in cannon, or a pure potter with no position. His cue ball will cannon something every second shot but not necessary. Anyway, thats not the point. The things that he and his mate said afterwards really amazed me.

I lost to him 4-1. After the match, we went for a smoke. Now the conversation starts heating up.

Player A : "I guess I should make a century there if I managed to pot the last red along the rail."

His Mate: " Do you think he is good enough to play A grade? He is good in break building and very good long potter. Don't think anyone in B grade can beat him."

Player A: " I have seen some players in A grade, they are just average."

ME:" Of course he can, if he can consistently pot the way he is like tonight. At least Brad Harris plays that that."

Player A: "Well! A bit lucky tonight. I know you are a good player (In fact he doesn't know who I am before tonight). I know I can't beat you in the long run. Somehow I have to play up to my usual standard in order to beat you!"

Player A still bragging how good he played and the way he free up the packs Blah Blah Blah! After a minute or so he left.

His Mate: "Adriam, you know he is a very good in 9-ball. His standard is like Steve Mifsud and Aaron in snooker. They are good in potting. Good in 1/2 table shots. And they love cannon the edge of the pack to free up red balls. Those are how 9 ball players used to play!"

WOW! I didn't say anything afterwards. No wonder how Princes won so many flags in B grade over the years. Its all about CHEMISTRY. Team chemistry plays a big part in success. The more I listen, the more I want to laugh. I know I am not very good in this game. I know I don't play 9-ball. When is 9-ball players in these days good in cannon? Honestly, no point for me arguing with him, I don't want to insult my own intelligence in this game. You gotta love these players. They talk more shits than MVP + Godahou combined. Once again I am motivated, time to get on the snooker table and start practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment