Friday, April 16, 2010

Looking for backers!

Haven't played much poker at all after the Sook's PLO tourney. I have no mood playing online, especially cash games. Played a couple of PLO donkaments, but as usual, gone deep to the final 2 or 3 tables before bumping into some lucktards, check/raise shove with nothing and hit miracles. In my last PLO tourny, some big stack raised with 99 34 ds, I re-raised with AKKJ with 1 suite putting 1/2 my stack in pre-flop. Flop K 5 6, gave my top set with nut flush draw. Stack went in on the flop and the guy can spike the 2 river. What a joke!

The next live tourny series at the Pond will be the Melbourne Poker Championship in May. Schedule and structure has been released. The $175 PLO with 4k starting stack is a joke. With blinds start at 25/25, there won't be much play at all after a few levels. Although the field won't be big, assuming about 120 runners, 50% of the field will have no idea (bunch of NLH players, will call anything on a 9 high flush on paired board), but double chance format really protect the lesser players. You can never bluff them coz in most situation they are pot committed. It will be a combination FRY RICE with a lot of dead money in it. At the same time, based on their structure, the luck factor will dominate. I probably will play only if I can sell 50% of my stake, otherwise a no go for me.

This time around, I might fork out $240 in Event 5, NLH with 10k start stack. Although NLH is not my strength, but with a good structure I might able to make a deep run. I am looking for any backers as this FISH will work-out often in the next few weeks. My flippers will grow stronger and bigger. I will swim faster than before. Stay tuned!

Also in May in PS, SCOOP returns. I will definitely play in 2 tournys. Based on the result on the first 2, I might play the third or forth. I am definitely playing the $22 PLO Heads-up and also the $11 NLH, 100k guarantee. I might also play the $55 PLO 6-max depends on the result of the previous 2 ( or find some backers). If I manage to cash anything decent, I will also play the $107 Main Event. Only problem, the entry fees won't be an issue, but the starting time will be. Can I stay awake or wake up 4am in the morning? I know fishes don't sleep, but I am still in a transforming status. Going back to Adelaide next week for 2 weeks. Might play in some live tournys over there, will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment